Little Ripper Lifesaver South Korea
Lifesaving Society Korea
In conjunction with the Aquatic Safety Equipment and Services, (ASES), Lifesaving Society Korea (LSK) is proud to launch its latest initiative, the Little Ripper Lifesaver Program. Continuing our tradition of adapting the best programs from around the world to meet South Korea’s water safety needs, LSK has engaged in an exciting new venture. In 2021 we began partnering with high tech rescue company Ripper Corporation to launch its Little Ripper Lifesaver program in South Korea.
Little Ripper Lifesaver is a world-class rescue drone program. It was introduced to prevent drownings by giving lifesavers on the ground extra ‘eyes in the sky’, and the ability to deploy unique rapid-response rescue drones. The program will greatly enhance LSK’s search and rescue capabilities to assist the hardworking volunteers and lifeguards.
Lifesaving Society Korea (LSK), established in 2008, is a proud member of the International Lifesaving Federation, and the official representative for South Korea. Our focus is on developing and running world-class water safety and drowning prevention programs, based on the experience and methods of the Royal Life Saving Society and Surf Life Saving Australia.
LSK’s instructors and volunteers are trained to deliver water safety awareness education programs in South Korea. We work with Australian volunteers to promote the signature Australian water safety program Swim and Survive, one of the best-known programs in South Korea.
Aquatic Safety Equipment and Services (ASES) supplies water safety and lifesaving related equipment such as lifeguard towers, rescue tubes and other latest lifesaving devices to Korea’s lifesaving community. ASES also provides water safety services including nationally recognised safety audit inspections and protective services of the water environment including local Government swimming pools, water recreation parks and beaches. ASES research and development section continues to seek new methods and technologies to protect and save lives in the water.
A WORLD LEADER IN SEARCH AND RESCUE TECHNOLOGY
The Little Ripper Lifesaver program began operating in Australia on 28 February 2016 and has become a world-leading search and rescue program.
The program takes coastal safety to a new level with its ability to rapidly identify and respond to incidents using specialised unmanned aircraft.
Little Ripper offers a suite of sophisticated and multi-rotor unmanned aerial vehicles /drones (UAVs) tailored for search, rescue, and lifesaving operations.
Little Ripper UAV’s have been developed specifically to save lives. The Little Ripper Lifesaver rescue fleet can deploy a variety of rescue devices, sound alerts to swimmers in danger, live-stream data back to control centres and drop sea-marker dye to track objects or people in the water. Little Ripper rapid response teams can react quickly and get to swimmers fast and efficiently to save lives.
World's first recorded drone surf rescue
LITTLE RIPPER LIFESAVER UAV (drone)
The Little Ripper Lifesaver UAV has been fully customised with the addition of Ripper’s unique Custom Payload Delivery System (CPLS), which enables the drone to carry and deploy rescue equipment. This system has seen the Little Ripper UAVs quickly become the go-to device for UAV search and rescue operations.
The Little Ripper Lifesaver has been designed to enable flexible customisation allowing operators to quickly swap between a suite of deployable payloads to provide support and lifesaving rescue pods to those in need.
Little Ripper Marine Rescue Pods
- 2 person
- 4 person
- The Little Ripper can carry 2 marine rescue pods, which can be deployed from the pilot controls.
- Can auto-inflate when deployed into the water, providing a cylindrical target with grab handles
- Is made of the highest quality to meet international standards
- Can be reused and repacked
Little Ripper Land Rescue Pods
- First AID / Medium
- First AID / Large
Little Ripper Snow Pod
- First AID + Space Blanket / Medium
- First AID + Space Blanket / Large
- Epirb GPS locator fitted to Little Ripper rescue pods
- LED Laser Flare
- The Little Ripper has a one-way microphone alert
- Customised audio files contain 4 messages in 3 languages
- The pilot can speak to the patient
- The siren can be activated from the drone
- The Little Ripper Sea Marker Dye Deployment system enables operators to quickly identify areas with the use of SAR-approved sea marker dye. Drop dye packs can mark locations and gauge currents.
- This means operators can manoeuvre any UAV in the fleet into a position where they believe someone went missing, or where a water hazard has been identified.
- Then operators can release a sea marker dye unit to ascertain which way the water is flowing or maintain a visual reference point in the water.
- This practice has been used in manned aviation search and rescue operations for centuries.
- Using Little Ripper UAVs to accurately drop the dye units can be more efficient and enables joint manned and unmanned aviation operations in time-critical situations.
- The Little Ripper Lifesaver can carry 2 dye sachets which are deployed separately.